Friday 4 October 2013

No Preparation Needed

This week the activities that were picked were very easy and needed no preparation at all. I do love preparing for the activities, but its nice to have a few days off, but still feel like I'm enjoying time with the boys!

Feeding the Ducks


We haven't been to feed the ducks for literally ages! The day this was chosen it was really wet and drizzly, but the boys didn't care, we were going to feed the ducks whatever the weather. So straight from school off we went.

The boys were trying to throw the bread as far as they could for the ducks to race to it!



  These races ended in a few fights!



This one tried to be sneaky, but turned and ran when he saw who he was up against!


Thomas got quite concerned about a small coot that was not getting a look in on the bread stake so Olly lured them all away so that Mr Coot had the pick!


All in all a fun afternoon in the rain - it doesn't look like it here as the boys refused to wear coats, but it was a constant drizzle!

Build a Massive Train Track


We have accumulated a serious amount of train track and the boys used to play with it all the time, but the last time we built a "massive track" was probably about a year ago. 

The aim is to try and get it going through most of the downstairs rooms (almost). It has to be complete and the trains have to be able to go around the whole track without assistance. There must also be NO dead ends!

It was interesting this time, because I was not needed nearly as much as I used to be. Now for those who know me, this was pretty difficult. I am Mrs Train Track, I used to put the TV on whilst I built the track so that the boys were entertained and not "in the way" until it was built (I'm not joking!). Anyway this was a good learning experience for me and I enjoyed it! Mainly because they have learnt well and all my rules were stuck to!! It even looked pretty much like mine!

Its hard to picture the track, as it goes through 4 rooms! But this is the turning circle at then end in the playroom, into the kitchen....

 
This is the magnificent junction that goes into the hall and round the kitchen...


Through the kitchen...

Into the living room from the kitchen...


Into the living room from the hall to join the other end...


In use...


This literally entertained the boys for about an hour! AND when I said it was time for a bath they took (an I am not exaggerating) 2 mins to have it all put away!

All in all a great couple of afternoons with no preparation needed!

Coming up - dinosaur bath bomb eggs......

Thank you for reading as always, if you like this, or indeed do not (!) please leave a comment so I can see.



No comments:

Post a Comment