Tuesday 5 November 2013

Marshmallow Models

Wow it feels like so long since I have written this!  

We have been away for half term and now its back to normal and back to the activity bowl! It also marks the start of our No TV November! We tried this last year and it worked so well, the children are delightful when there are no arguments to be had about what is watched and when they have to find other things to do. It also means LOTS more activities!

The boys were very excited to get back into pulling the bits of paper out and we had to toss a coin to see who went first!

Thomas pulled out marshmallow models - I was very pleased because the HUGE wholesale bag of 1kg of marshmallows I had bought for this craft was taking up a lot of space!

This is fun and quick (30 min) activity.

2 items required - marshmallows and toothpicks!

Then you just start building!

I love anything that involved construction as to the boys (obviously this is all for the children not me ;))  

I started them off by making a cube:





Then away they went...





Olly added to my cube - 


And Thomas made some great "ships"...




Olly made a great man - he needed four legs to stand up...


They were a bit wobbly due to the softness of the marshmallows so then we decided to try bits of apple, which actually worked VERY well -


 here is a house I made...


And Thomas made his own house too (with a loft conversion)..

.
All in all a great way to get back into our activity bowl. A few marshmallows may well have been eaten! (The rest were put back into the bag for a Christmas activity!)

Thank you for sticking with me on this blog! Next post.....

Jumping Minions!

No comments:

Post a Comment