Friday 20 June 2014

Plaster of Paris Egg

Easter Time!


I found this post that I hadn't posted so here you go!!

During Easter I had a few afternoons just with Olly so we decide to try making a "porcelain" egg for Easter!

This was so quick and so effective!

We filled a squeeze bottle with mixed plaster of paris then squeezed it into a blow in water balloon.

Then left it in a cup for literally about 15 mins - it feels hard...

Then we started to peal away the balloon - I loved this bit - a bit like pealing dried glue off your hands!



The finished egg was brilliant and so shiny it really did look like a real egg. Now if I had girls we would have spend ages lovingly paint this, but not with boys - they took it outside and smashed it!!

As always thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment