Wednesday 14 August 2013

Busy Day

Today has been Busy!

I am always going on about how my children are always wanting to do something (hence the list) and then I read this article today about time for boredom. 

 
It really hit home! By not often experiencing boredom children are not getting the chance to discover things for themselves or use their imagination or rest! My children do not sit in front of a TV all day and have their time with technology very heavily restricted and it is definitely not daily (for which I am always made to feel guilty!) However they very rarely have the chance to get bored. So I am adding "Experience Boredom" onto my bucket list!

Having said all of that we have had a VERY busy today and I realised that it is all my fault that the children always want something to do! Tomorrow will be a quiet one (ish!)

After baking cookies to give to a friend and then a morning of tennis, the boys tried trampolining which they absolutely loved, even if half way through Thomas announced he had forgotten to put any pants on this morning!
 
After that we (they!) spent an hour in the soft play area which was absolutely bliss. 

Then after a very sneaky MacDs tea drive through (which is now all over the car!) we went to Frensham ponds and went pond dipping. It was great fun - I timed it perfectly to coincide with Robin passing the ponds on the way home from work so I didn't even need to get my hands dirty. The boys really loved it and there was even a fish caught amongst all the other cool mini beasts.
 

 All you need is a net and a bucket. AND the dog can get involved!


Tomorrow I am looking forward to some boredom! 

As always thank you for reading my waffle!

1 comment:

  1. I love that experience boredom is added to the list - I can imagine telling them over breakfast!

    ReplyDelete